The Timberwolf section is for scouts age 8-11 years of age (grades 3 through 5). This section’s activities are based on The Jungle Book as written by Robert Baden-Powell‘s friend, Rudyard Kipling. The games and practical activities are focused on learning is “by doing.” All meetings are for all genders together.
The overall program is similar in appearance to B-P’s original pre-1960s Wolf Cub program. The focus is on preparing the Timberwolf scout for scouting in the Pathfinder section. The Timberwolf Section is referred to as a “Pack” (much like the Otter “Raft” or Pathfinder “Troop”) and the smaller units within the Pack are known as “Sixes” (with the ideal number being 6–8 per Six).
- Hat: Navy blue baseball-style cap with the Timberwolf Badge centered on the front
- Shirt: Light Grey jersey tee (OSG-US lists long sleeve, we have adapted to short-sleeve for the climate) with no collar.
- Shorts/Pants: Dark (navy) blue like hat. Khaki, green or gray is OK, too.
- Necker: 32″ square neckerchief of the group’s colors, worn with a ring or slide (“woggle”) at the throat
- Shoes: Closed toed, suitable shoes
For badge placement, please reference the BPSA Quick Uniform Reference .
More Info about the Timberwolf Program
- OSG Timberwolf Handbook – online handbook for all Timberwolf scouts.
- See more at: https://outdoorserviceguides.org/program/timberwolf/