Rovers are the senior branch of Outdoor Service Guides, intended for adults (18+) of all genders. There is no upper age limit. Rovers are organized into self-governing Crews as part of an overall Scout Group. The Rover motto is simply “Service,” and it is put into practice both in the Group and the community. All OSG section leaders are required to be registered as Rovers to provide them with a more solid background in Scouting.
- Hat: Olive or Brown Campaign style (Brown preferred), flat-brim, four-dent hat with leather band on the crown. A green beret is also permitted with appropriate metal pin or patch on front.
- Shirt: Dark (forest or spruce) short sleeve (OSG-US lists long sleeve, we have adapted to short-sleeve for the climate) Safari/Bush-style shirt with two front pockets (flap w/ buttons) and shoulder epaulets. For our Rover Crew, we have standardized on Propper Brand Tactical Dress Shirts.
- Pants: Blue, khaki, olive, or gray in color and of a comfortable outdoor/cargo style.
- Belt: Brown leather or webbing belt.
- Necker: 36″ square neckerchief of the group’s colors, worn with a ring or slide (“woggle”) at the throat.
- Socks: Knee length, worn turned down at the knee with red tabbed garter (once knighted) showing on outside with shorts, of approved color: dark blue, khaki, green, or gray.
- Shoes: brown or black (Crew Choice)
For badge placement, please reference the OSG Quick Uniform Reference .