Leaders and children need to sign up annually. Do not pay any dues or fees until you have been to a meeting to learn about us.
- We highly encourage you to read over our New Parent Guidebook, which has tons of info and resources for parents new and old!
Medical and Liability form
- All participants in any capacity, adult or youth, must have a Medical Release & Liability Waiver form. This is required to participate in any activities with the group and must be completed each academic school year. Those forms are available on our website under “Forms”.
- Scan/email these to us in advance or give them to your child’s Leader at the next meeting.
- Complete the group Registration Form, which is available under “Forms” on the website as well. All children participating must have a form filled out. Adults only need to fill out the form if they will be participating as a Leader or joining our adult Rover scouts group. You can email the signed form in or bring it to the next meeting.
Registration fee and dues
- Please pay the annual registration fee – it is $45 for a single scout or $60 for a family. This covers our annual Group Charter, insurance premiums, scout registration with BPSA-US (our national organization), background checks for adults, the 7th Trailblazer shoulder patch and WFIS patch.
- Please pay the monthly dues, which is $10 for a single scout or $20 for a family. This covers meeting supplies costs and proficiency badges (when earned). These can be paid on a monthly basis or annually in advance.
- Both monthly dues and registration fees can be paid by check or credit card at meetings or online on our website (preferred method).
- There may be other activity costs during the year for outings like campouts
- All scouts should have a necker, uniform shirt and hat that they wear to all meetings. That said, scouts do not need a uniform to start attending meetings.
- Chipmunks (Pre-K) wear a yellow T-shirt
- Otters (K-2nd grade) wear a red T-shirt shirt and hat
- Timberwolves (3rd-5th) wear a light gray T-shirt shirt and blue hat
- Pathfinders (6th-12) wear a dark gray uniform shirt and green beret
- Rovers (adult) wear a green uniform shirt and either a beret or campaign hat
- Adults may wear the official green BPSA logo t-shirt if they so desire.
- The group Quartermaster (Miguel Flores) will have a supply of shirts and caps for Chipmunks, Otters and Timberwolves. Due to cost and variety of sizes needed, Pathfinder and Rover shirts and hats are purchased on an as-needed basis.
Read and Abide by our Ethics and Youth Protection Guidelines
- These can be found on the national website under Resources > BPSA Program.
- We are an independent scouting movement so parents do have some responsibility to ensure we have a quality, safe program.